is a 10 hour auditory intervention. There are 20 supervised
listening sessions of 30 minutes each, completed over 10 or 12
consecutive days. AIT has many
scientific studies. The minimum age recommended is 3
prices in the USA
range from about $1,200 to 2,000. Prices will vary
internationally by county.
provided here is for
Davis, MA, CCC-A, FAAA, RCTC, BARA
Berard AIT Practitioner:
Succasunna, New Jersey and southern areas of New York.
Also providing Berard AIT Outreach Services in Illinois, Indiana, Utah, USA. Home
based AIT sessions are also available with this AIT Practitioner.
Fee: $1,300 for AIT Sessions:
20 half hour sessions (10 hours)
over 10 or 12
Fees for full Diagnostics Testing are required prior.
ARTICLES BY DORINNE DAVIS, MA, CCC-A, FAAA, RCTC,
Dorinne Davis, MA, CCC-A, FAAA, RCTC, BARA,
President/Founder of The Davis Center, Mount Arlington, NJ, is the author of 4 books,
including Sound Bodies through Sound Therapy® (hailed as the
primer for all sound therapies) and Every Day A Miracle: Success Stories
with Sound Therapy® (16 heartwarming stories of sound therapy
She has demonstrated the scientific principles
behind the Voice-Ear-Brain Connection in The Davis Addendum® to The
Tomatis Effect, and established The Tree of Sound Enhancement
Therapy® from which her Diagnostic Evaluation for Therapy
Protocol (DETP®) provides the correct administration of any sound-based
She is credentialed in 17 different
sound-based therapies and her background as an audiologist,
educator and sound therapist provides the foundation
to The Davis Center’s unique “Total Person” approach. She is recognized as a
leader in the field of sound therapy and The Davis Center is considered the
premier sound therapy center ‘of the future’, only the ‘future’ is now at The
BERARD AIT PRACTICE
Dorinne Davis was trained as an
Berard AIT Practitioner by
Berard in 1992, was certified as a
Berard AIT Instructor by
Berard, was one of the original 50 members of the International Association
of Berard Practitioners (IABP). Dorinne Davis is currently an active member of
Auditory Integration Training Professional Professional
Dr. Guy Berard gave Dorinne Davis
special credentials to work with children under the age of 3 who can benefit
Auditory Integration Training because of her audiological area of expertise.
Ms. Davis’ research has also identified
Berard AIT retrains the acoustic reflex muscle in the middle ear, allowing
better transmission of ‘clearer’ sound to the cochlea and subsequently to the
brain for comprehension. She has worked with thousands of people, young and old,
learning challenged and normal, making change with their response to sound using
Auditory Integration Training.
Ms. Davis is an international speaker in the
field of sound therapy. Recently she was asked to establish a radio show for
Autism One Radio. Her program entitled, “Sound Effects with Dorinne
Davis: How sound Affects the Person with Autism” was played on
Autism One Radio.
- 1973 M. A. Audiology/ Deaf Education,
Montclair State College, Upper Montclair, NJ
- 1971 B.A. Speech Pathology & Audiology/Speech
& Drama, Montclair State College, Upper Montclair, NJ.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- 1982 Early Childhood Education 9
credits: Kean College, Union NJ.
- 1983-88 Curriculum Development & Supervision
21 credits: Jersey City State College, Jersey City, NJ.
- 1987-88 Counseling/Guidance 15 credits:
University of Bridgeport Bridgeport, CT.
- 2005 - President, The Davis Center, NJ
- 1998-2002 President, Davis Center for Hearing
Speech & Learning, Inc. NJ.
- 2005-2006 Adjunct Professor Central
- 2002-2005 President, The Davis Center,
- 2002-2005 President, Davis Centers, Inc.,
- 1998-2002 President & Director of Speech
& Hearing, Davis Center for Hearing Speech & Learning, Inc.,
- 1972-1994 Educational Audiologist Kinnelon Bd. Of
Education. Kinnelon, NJ.
- 1994-1997 Kindergarten Teacher
- 1987-1998 President/Owner/Consulting Educational
Audiologist HEAR YOU ARE, INC., Stanhope, NJ.
- 1991 Superv/Student Teachers to Sp.
- 1994 Kean College Fall Spring
- 1993-1994 Adjunct Professor, Trenton State College
- 1994 Superv/Student Teachers William Paterson College
- 1990-91 Supervisor AR Clinic, Speech & Hearing
Consultants, Denville NJ
- 1978 Rehabilitation Audiologist, Morris County College
- 1974-75 Rehabilitation Audiologist, Dover General
- 1984-86 Rehabilitation Audiologist Dover, NJ
- 1986-87 Institute for Career Adv. Inc. Netcong, NJ
- 1980-82 Rehabilitation Audiologist
- American Speech Language Hearing Association: Certificate
of Clinical Competence in Audiology
- American Academy of Audiology: Fellow
- NJ State License: Audiology YA00030
- NY State License: Audiology 1724
- PA State License: Audiology 1109
- NJ State Department of Education:
- Speech & Drama
- Speech Correction
- Teacher of Hearing Impaired
- Nursery School Endorsement
Certified Practitioner: Dr. Berard’s Auditory Integration Training
Certified Instructor: Dr. Berard’s Auditory Integration Training
- Tomatis Method
- Fast ForWord
- Digital Auditory Aerobics
- HiFi Brain Fitness
- Certified Provider: The Listening Program
- Samonas I
- Dynamic Listening System
- Trained in the Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes Program
Medical Resonance Therapy Music
ORGANIZATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
AIT-PRO Member, Auditory Integration Training
Professional Resource Organization
- American Speech Language Hearing Association: Member
- American Academy of Audiology: Member
- NJ Speech Language Hearing Association: Member
- Past Committees: Audiology Professional Affairs Committee
- Chairperson: Subcommittee on Educational Audiology
- National Education Association
- NJ Education Association
- Morris County Education Association
- Kinnelon Education Association
- SHHH --- Self Help for the Hard of Hearing
- Educational Audiology Association
- Office: Past President
- Past Efforts: President 1988,
- First President Elect 1987,
- Program Committee Chairperson,
- Second President Elect 1986,
- Professional Affairs Committee Chairperson
- Alexander Graham Bell Association
- IOEHI --- International Organization for Educators of the
- Sound Healers Association
- International Association of Registered Certified Tomatis
- PR Committee Secretary
- DAR—Daughters of the American Revolution Morristown, NJ
- Healing Music Organization—Honorary Member
Sound Bodies Through Sound
A Parent's Guide to Middle Ear Infections, published by HEAR
YOU ARE, INC., Stanhope, NJ, 1994.
Otitis Media : Coping with the Effects in the Classroom,
published by HEAR YOU ARE, INC., Stanhope, NJ 1989.
- Listening With Your Eyes,
published by HEAR YOU ARE, INC., Stanhope, NJ, 1989.
- Communication Access for Persons with Hearing
Loss, chapter on Television Amplification
Devices, edited by Mark Ross, published by York Press, Baltimore, MD, 1994.
- The Resounding Impact of a Middle Ear Infection,
printed in Parent and Child, Vol. 1, No. 9, May 1992, pages 6-7.
- Pre-school Sound Field Amplification,
printed in The Directive Teacher, Vol. 8, No. 1, Summer/Fall 1986, pages
- Utilizing Amplification Devices in the Regular
Classroom, printed in Hearing Instruments, Vol. 42, No. 7, July
1991, pages 18-23.
- Acoustic reflectometry: A New Tool for Impedance
Screening, co-written with Bernard Sohn, printed in Hearing
Instruments, Vol. 42, No. 8, August 1991, pages 26-27.
- Sound Based Therapies, printed in To
Your Health, April/March, 2000, page 28.
- Sound Based Therapies, Part II,
printed in To Your Health, May/June, 2000, page 10.
- "Educational Audiology: Its Time Has Come",
printed in the "Well Said" column of the NJSHA Newsletter, September, 1987.
- "Sound Based Therapies: What They Are and How
They Can Help
Autistic Children?", printed in the DAN Conference Bulletin,
October 3, 1999.
Newspaper and Other Articles:
- Middle Ear Infections: Impact on Child,
printed in The Record, Sept 25, 1988.
- Lovas, D., The Directive Teacher. “Pre-School
Sound Field Amplification,” Vol. 8 No. 1, Summer/Fall 1986, 22-23.
- Davis, Dorinne, NJSHA Newsletter. “Educational
Audiology: Its Time Has Come”, Well Said Column, Sept. 1987.
- Davis, Dorinne., The Record. “Middle Ear
Infections: Impact on Child”, Sept. 25, 1988.
- Davis, Dorinne., OTITIS MEDIA: Coping with the
Effects in the Classroom, HEAR YOU ARE INC: Stanhope, New Jersey,
- Davis, Dorinne., Listening With Your Eyes,
HEAR YOU ARE INC: Stanhope, New Jersey, 1989.
- Davis, Dorinne., Hearing Instruments. “Utilizing
Amplification Devices in the Regular Classroom,” Vol. 42, No. 7,
July 1991, 18-23.
- Sohn, Bernard and Davis, Dorinne, Hearing Instruments
“Acoustic Reflectometry: A New Tool for Impedance Screening,”
Vol. 42, No. 8, August 1991, 26-27.
- Davis, Dorinne., Parent and Child. “The
Resounding Impact of a Middle Ear Infection.” Vol. 1, No. 9, May
- Davis, Dorinne., A Parent’s Guide to Middle Ear
Infections, HEAR YOU ARE INC: Stanhope, New Jersey, 1994.
- Davis, Dorinne., “Television Amplification
Devices", Communication Access for the Persons with Hearing Loss,
Ross, M, Ed. York Press, Baltimore; Maryland, 1994.
- Davis, Dorinne., “Sound Based Therapies: What
They Are and How They Can Help
Autistic Children?,” DAN Conference Bulletin, Oct. 3, 1999.
- Davis, Dorinne., “Sound Based Therapies,”
To Your Health, March/April, 2000, pg. 28.
- Davis, Dorinne., “Sound Based Therapies, Part
II,” To Your Health, May/June 2000, pg. 10.
- Davis, Dorinne. “Auditory Processing and Autism”,
DAN Conference Bulletin, Sept. 2000.
- Davis, Dorinne. “Sound Based Therapies”, Part III,
To Your Health, July/August 2000, pg. 12.
- Davis, Dorinne “Sound Based Therapies”, Part IV,
To Your Health, Nov/Dec 2000, pg. 16.
- Davis, Dorinne. & Edwards, S., “BioAcoustic Voice
Print Frequencies & Otoacoustic Emissions”, Poster Session,
American Academy of Audiology Convention, Philadelphia, PA, 2002.
- Davis, Dorinne.
“Sound Bodies through Sound Therapy”, Kalco Publishing,
Landing, NJ, 2004
- Davis-Kalugin, D ”The
Davis Addendum to the Tomatis Effect”, Acoustical Society of
America, Conference Abstracts, San Diego, CA, November 2004
- Davis-Kalugin, D.
“Sound Bodies through Sound Therapy”, Educational Audiology
Review, Spring 2005, Vol 22, No 2, pp 15-20.
- Davis-Kalugin, D. ”Why Sound Therapy, Not
Listening Therapy”, Educational Audiology Review, Spring 2005, Vol
22, No 2, pp. 30-31.
- Davis, Dorinne.
“Every Day A Miracle: Success Stories with Sound Therapy”, Kalco
Publishing, Landing, NJ 2006
MOST RECENT NOTABLE CONFERENCES AND PRESENTATIONS
- March 3, 2000: POAC Conference, Toms River NJ, “Sound
Based Therapies for
Autistic Children,” presented with Dr. Temple Grandin.
- May 11, 2000: YAI National Institute for Disabilities
Conference, Manhattan, NY, “Sound Based Therapies.”
- May 20, 2000: PA Society for Neurofeedback, Valley Forge
- November, 2000: Tri-State Adoption Conference, NYC
- February 2001: NJ Stroke Activity Center, Fairfield, NJ
- March 2001: Association of Learning Consultants, Cherry
- April 2001: Autism Foundation of NY, NYC
- May 2001: YAI Conference (National Institute for People
with Disabilities), NYC
- November 2001: Williams Syndrome Symposium, Children’s
Hospital of Philadelphia, PA
- January 2002: Parents for Exceptional Progress, Albany,
- April 2002: American Academy of Audiology, Philadelphia,
- May 2002: YAI Conference (National Institute for People
with Disabilities), NYC
- August 2002: BioAcoustics National Convention,
- February 2003: Learning Disabilities Conference, Chicago,
- May 2003: YAI Conference, NYC
- May 2003: ASK! Alternatives for Special Kids, Los
- May 2003: Tomatis International Conference, Austria: Presented "Davis Addendum to the Tomatis
- May 2003: YAI International Conference, New York City, NY
- May 2003: Summit Speech School Board of Director’s
Meeting, New Providence, NJ
- July 2003: National Educational Audiology Association,
St. Louis, MO
- October 2003: Epilepsy Foundation, Parsippany, NJ
- October 2003: NY Families of
Autistic Children, Queens, NY
- November 2003 Tri-State Adoption Conference, NJ
- January 2004: Learning Brain Expo, San Diego, CA
- April 2004: People to People Healthcare and Medical
Delegation to Russia
- August 2004: International Association of Logopedics and
Phoniatrics, Brisbane, Australia
- October 2004: International New Science Symposium, Seoul,
- November 2004: Acoustical Society of America, San Diego,
- November 2004: American Music Therapy Association,
- May 2005: International Tomatis Conference, Segovia Spain
- June 2005: IDIC 15 International Conference, Schaumberg,
- July 2005: Educational Audiology Association, Myrtle
- May 2006: YAI Conference, New York City, NY
- May 2006: Autism One Conference, Chicago, IL
- August 2006: US Asperger’s and Autism Association
- November 2006: International Sound Healing Conference,
Sante Fe, NM
return to top